Asteroid Outpost Update 2012-01-27

Recently, I decided to completely rewrite the power grid code and pull it out into it’s own object. This makes for much cleaner code and a clear separation of duties. It also fixed 4 bugs related to the power grid! Can’t complain about that. After finishing up with that, I was compelled to try this whole “Component-based design” approach that I kept hearing and reading about. I started this transition in the last place I thought I would start: the position and size. The code is looking pretty sexy right now, instead of my Ring class having to listen for move events from my Entity, the Ring can actually just have the same position as the Entity because the position is now a component, and both the Entity and Ring have that component. I’ll post some more on this later, I need to get my project compiling again, lol.